Terms & Conditions
1. This quote is valid for the next 30 days, after which values may be subject to change.
2. All work undertaken will be discussed and agreed prior to the start date and all work will be completed by Horticulture Lawncare unless otherwise agreed.
3. The price quoted for work includes all labour and materials – green waste disposal is charged as an extra.
4. The term waste removal refers only to waste produced by Horticulture Professional Lawncare.
5. Any addition and/or alterations to the contract shall be properly treated as variations and subject to written instructions and additional payments may be required to cover the agreed changes.
6. The client shall provide access to the site/s during Horticulture Professional Lawncare normal working hours (Monday to Friday 8am – 5.30pm).
7. Horticulture Professional Lawncare is not able to accept responsibility for any damage to (or cost involved with) any underground hazards, obstructions or services not made known to us in writing on a site plan.
8. Severe weather conditions, including drought, may cause the delay of visits but this will not affect the original, agreed price.
9. The removal of dog excrement or litter from the site is the responsibility of the client. If there is dog excrement on the lawn we may not be able to carry out the work but the client will still be charged a minimum of £15 for a visit to cover costs such as insurance, fuel, equipment wear and tear etc if the visit has been pre-arranged.
10. Grass Cutting – Prior to commencement of Grass Cutting we remove obstacles from the area to be cut. We will cut the entire of any grassed area to good industry practice levels for the intended use. Horticulture Professional Lawncare will not be held responsible for grass clumping due to damp weather conditions where grass arisings are to remain on site and uncollected.
11. Grass Collection – Where grass cuttings are to be collected, we will ensure care is taken to remove cuttings and leave a clean finish. Horticulture Professional Lawncare will not be held responsible for minor clumping and small amounts of grass remaining where weather conditions are difficult.
12. Strimming – We will ensure the grass is cut to the height of the surrounding area and will ensure that arisings are mechanically blown off all public rights of way unless otherwise required in the quote or contract.
13. Grass Contamination – Horticulture Professional Lawncare will take reasonable care to ensure minimum contamination of the surrounding area, obstructions with grass arisings, but will not be held responsible for contamination unless specified in the quote or contract.
14. Hedges – When maintaining hedges, the specified price is to remove the last 6 months growth, reduction work will be quoted separately by us. We will carry out hedge trimming where possible, outside the bird nesting season March-July inclusive. If we find an occupied birds nest whilst hedge trimming work will cease and the client will be informed. Work will re-commence as soon as possible after the area becomes un-occupied.
15. Pesticides – premier Lawns will ensure that pesticide application is carried out when weather conditions are suitable. Spraying will be carried out by fully qualified NPTC operators, and in compliance with all statutory requirements. Weather depending, we will carry out spraying when programmed. The application of any treatment will be made during appropriate weather conditions.
16. Premier lawns accepts no responsibility for accidental breakages arising from their work. Any reparation payment or works that may be made is solely at the discretion of Horticulture Professional Lawncare and admits no fault or liability.
17. Damage caused to property due to stones and other items left in the lawn:
Horticulture Professional Lawncare cannot be held responsible for damage caused by small stones and other items left in the clients’ lawn. While we try to take every care around pebbled/landscaped areas, the client is responsible for ensuring stones aren’t in the lawn.
18. Garden Furniture, toys etc – Horticulture Professionsl Lawncare cannot be held responsible for any breakages to garden items needing moving in order to complete us work. Every care will be taken whilst moving items, but sometimes accidents can happen.
19. If access to the site is prevented on the date of a scheduled visit or if less than 5 days’ notice is given Horticulture Professional Lawncare services reserves the right to charge for the visit in full.
20. Horticulture Professional Lawncare will send an invoice to the client after each visit.
21. The client will be responsible for all payments to Horticulture Professional Lawncare
22. Payment terms are 5 days from date of invoice. If you do not settle the invoice in full by the due date for payment, we may charge interest to you on the overdue amount at the rate of 2% a year above the base lending rate of the Bank of England from time to time. The interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgement. An admin fee may be applicable. You must pay interest together with the overdue amount.
23. Payment methods are cash, cheque, direct from invoice, direct debit and internet bank transfer.
24. Cancelled direct debits: The client remains liable for payment for any work completed up to the date of cancellation if not covered by previous payments. The client will be refunded for payment taken if the work has not yet been completed.
25. Under The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 SI 2013/3134 you have the legal right to cancel your order up to 14 calendar days after the day of agreeing to a quotation/works order(with the exception of any made to order items). You do not need to give us any reason for cancelling your contract nor will you have to pay any penalty.
26. Should you wish to cancel our service, you can use the cancellation form provided at the end of these terms and conditions, or alternatively you can notify us in writing by any durable medium (for example letter sent by post or e-mail).
27. Termination of Contract – Horticulture Professional Lawncare intention is to ensure that the Customer’s requirements are satisfied at all times. However, executive authority is with the Customer.
28. Domestic Customers – To ensure satisfaction and response to change of circumstances, the Contract may be terminated at any time by either party giving two weeks prior notice in writing to the other party.
29. Commercial/Monthly Customers – To ensure satisfaction and response to change of circumstances, the Contract may be terminated at any time by either party giving one calendar month’s prior notice in writing to the other party. Where a full contract is agreed and signed between the parties the conditions of the contract shall supersede the above clause.
31. Responsibilities Horticulture Professional Lawncare responsibility is limited to these Terms and Conditions (except in respect of death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of Horticulture Professional Lawncare, its servants or agents) Horticulture Professional Lawncare shall not be liable for any claim for direct or indirect consequential loss, injury or damage whatsoever made by the Customer or any third party against Horticulture Professional Lawncare arising out of or in connection with any defect in the Services whether or not such defect is directly or indirectly, wholly or in part caused by the negligent act, omission, default or neglect of Horticulture Professional Lawncare its servants, or agents, or whether or not such defect amounts to a breach of a fundamental terms of a primary obligation of the Contract or fundamental breach thereof.